Humanist funerals are a celebration of life, and I create personal non-religious funeral services to remember the special moments in the life of your loved one just the way that you want it.
We can celebrate the fun times you shared, their relationships with family and friends, their personality with all their unique likes and dislikes, and all those other important things that made your loved who they were.
Whether you choose a service that is filled with songs, fun anecdotes and readings, or quiet reflection and poems, or a combination of these, I will work with you to create a special memory for your final goodbye.
Creating the funeral service
As a non-religious celebration of life, your loved one’s funeral or memorial service can be made up of any words, songs and poems or readings you choose. And it can take place in a crematorium like Randalls Park, a natural burial ground such as the beautiful Clandon Wood, one of the many local cemeteries, or anywhere else you choose. I work across Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, south London and other areas on request.
If you have an idea of what you would like included in the service, I will design the ceremony around this or, I am happy to make suggestions to suit your family and your loved one.
Here’s an example outline for a service which would last around 20 minutes, which is the time allocated for services by most crematoria:
- Welcome and introductory words about your loved one
- Thoughts on life and death and remembering the person who has died
- Poem or reading by a family member or friend
- Tribute to your loved one describing their life, character and passions
- Quiet reflection for personal goodbyes accompanied by music
- Poem or reading by a family member or friend
- Saying your final farewell with the Committal
- Closing words
Non religious funeral services provided by Silver Bee Ceremonies
My fee is £220 and this includes:
- Personal funeral service based on your wishes delivered by me on the day
- Support with writing your own testimonial should you wish to do so
- Suggestions for poems, music and readings
- Face to face meeting, normally at your home, so I can learn all about your loved one
- Draft version of the service script for you to ensure the details are correct and to make changes as you wish
- Presentation version of the funeral service script as a keep sake
- All travel for meetings and on the day within 40 mile radius of KT11
- Professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Backing from Humanists UK and an alternative Humanist celebrant in the unlikely event that I am unable to perform your ceremony as planned
Words from a few of my families
“I would like to thank you so very much for taking Dave’s funeral service on Monday. Not only was it professionally done it had feeling and truly reflected how I felt about him. Everybody said afterwards what a beautiful service it was and with your help we had done him proud. The service was exactly how I wanted it and was worded so well. Many many thanks for your help I think he will sleep well now.”
Andy Allen, March 2020, Guildford Crematorium
“Thank you Stephanie for Brian’s funeral yesterday. The service was delivered with extreme professionalism whilst remaining personal with tact. The family is extremely grateful and couldn’t have wished for a better person to deliver it. Thank you so much.
Swift Family, February 2020, Randalls Park Crematorium
“Thank you for your help in preparing for mum’s funeral. We appreciated the sensitive and professional way in which you presented the service. Although a sad occasion, it went as well as it could have done and you made a significant contribution.”
Sharp Family, December 2019, Randalls Park Crematorium
“Thank you for all your work leading up to, and during, our Mum’s memorial service. We were very pleased with how it went, and feel that our Mum would have approved. Other guests also gave very positive feedback — one of my nieces said it was the best funeral she had ever attended.
“Personally, I really appreciated your approach. You were thorough, sensitive and understanding of our needs. You took on board the information we gave you, and created the kind of upbeat, positive and celebratory service our Mum would have wanted. You were also easy to deal with, organised and timely.”
Slater Family, August 2019, Clandon Wood
Getting in touch
Please contact me on the number below for an initial chat and then we can arrange to meet up to talk about your loved one and the sort of service you would like for them. Alternatively you can ask your funeral director to make the initial contact with me.
Tel: 07786 268446